I've done a number of wiring jobs in the past and they can sometimes be a nightmare!
This time I have color-coded and numbered each wire.
Above, you can see the upgrades I've made to my lights. When I pulled them apart, they were wired with what looked to be 16 or 18 awg wire. I pulled the pins out and soldered 14 awg wire to each pin.
In the far left picture you can see the new wire on the left side and the old wire I had not replaced yet on the right. I've also replaced the ground wire.
Here I tested the lights.
I've wired green lights in the eyes of the front fender. This picture is a little bit deceiving. The skull on the fender is not as big as it looks; it's a close-up. See the fender page for better pictures of it.
The battery is going to be out of reach so I made a remote jump location. I took an old jumper cable and connected it to the starter. I needed a strong, non conductive surface, so I stole the Ol'Lady's cutting board. I cut it up and bolted it to the frame, then bolted the remote battery terminal to it.
On the left I just finished the back of the fuse panel. It was 115 degrees in the shop so work was kind of slow. On the right I started putting together the dash, fuse panel, and the rest of the wires together behind the dash.
Here I've just finished wiring the back of the dash. I need to coat some of the hot points with rubber. Maybe I will try some of the liquid tape, I've have always wanted to try that.
This site is intended solely for the purpose of sharing photos and information about my trike with people I have supplied this URL to.
If you got here without me supplying you this URL (ie. random Google search), you may still look around if you like. If you see something you do not like, then GO AWAY.
The information provided on this site may or may not be correct, so use at your own risk.
If you need to contact me, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If I feel like answering your questions, I will. If I don't, I wont.
That's just how it is.