I had to redesign the front end once I switched to a different size of wheel and tire. Here is what it looks like finished.
Here I pulled the old front end off and started building the new one.
At this point I've built the new front end, mocked it up and painted it.
Here I decided to add "mace balls" to the front end.
I've decided to add this plate in the front of the trike, based off of the license plate.
This is my son sanding the front forks. I've added 1" angle steel to both front legs and ¾ round steel to the inside of the rear legs. I didn't have any issues with it the way it was; I just wanted to make it stronger.
I've had a little vibration going around tight corners, so I've added a kind of inverted spring setup along with the top springs. It works really well, as there's no more vibration.
I've designed my own rockers. I think these are called "leading links". The diagram is backwards, so I may try to flip it around in the future.
On the left is a leather container I've added for extra storage on the front of the trike. On the right is my new axle, which I needed to be a little bit longer, so I've had a machine shop make me a new one.
This site is intended solely for the purpose of sharing photos and information about my trike with people I have supplied this URL to.
If you got here without me supplying you this URL (ie. random Google search), you may still look around if you like. If you see something you do not like, then GO AWAY.
The information provided on this site may or may not be correct, so use at your own risk.
If you need to contact me, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If I feel like answering your questions, I will. If I don't, I wont.
That's just how it is.