Images can be enlarged by clicking on them

New Fender   New Fender   New Fender

I had to redesign the fender once I switched to a different size of wheel and tire. Here is what they look like finished.

New Fender   New Fender   New Fender   New Fender

Here I made the cardboard mold, covered the new fender with ducting tape and sprayed it with pam, which makes a good releaseing agent.

New Fender   New Fender   New Fender   New Fender

Here I fiberglassed the mold and started dressing it up.

New Fender   New Fender

This is the new face. At this point I started molding it.

New Fender   New Fender   New Fender

At this point I molded the face but had to do a lot of repairs to it.

New Fender   New Fender   New Fender

I had to extend the fender while I was working on the face.

New Fender   New Fender

Here I made mounting brackets for the fender out of rebar.

New Fender   New Fender   New Fender

New Fender   New Fender

Here's some more progress on the face.

New Fender   New Fender

In these pictures, the fender is done except for the eyes.

Front Fender   Front Fender   Front Fender

I had to move the fender up a little bit, so I created a bracket for it, did some repainting, and moved it up.

Front Fender   Front Fender

Here is what the front fender looked like before I moved it up.

Front Fender   Front Fender   Front Fender

I started off by making a mold from wood and an old Halloween mask. I covered as much of it as I could with metal duct tape then sprayed it with Pam (a non-stick cooking product). Once the Pam dried I applied a coat of resin and laid down some fiberglass in as many spots as I could without covering details on the face. Once the fiberglass set, I very carefully pulled the mold out. I used my air compressor to blow between the mold and fiberglass to loosen it up. Then I started laying fiberglass on the inside. The thing to remember is not to overdo it with the resin. You want enough to saturate the fiberglass but not to puddle it up. When filling large areas, I usually cut up some cloth/matting and pack it in with resin. If you just fill it with resin it will crack.

Front Fender   Front Fender

Once I had the mold out, had a few layers of fiberglass laid down, and it was nice and strong, I started detailing it. I used epoxy putty in different areas and then a dremel for the details. I then sanded and covered it again with a light coat of resin to smooth out some of the areas.

Front Fender

I painted and filled in several areas. I detailed it a few times and it came out like this. I was going to paint it, but my son and I both liked the look of it the way it was, so I clear coated it instead.

This site is intended solely for the purpose of sharing photos and information about my trike with people I have supplied this URL to.
If you got here without me supplying you this URL (ie. random Google search), you may still look around if you like. If you see something you do not like, then GO AWAY.
The information provided on this site may or may not be correct, so use at your own risk.
If you need to contact me, email me at trike@3fowlers.com
If I feel like answering your questions, I will. If I don't, I wont.
That's just how it is.